BAKIN' WITH BACON

Dedicated not only to all things pig, but a way of life. MY way of life.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

GET THIS BOOK!!!

I just received my copy of Pork and Sons in the mail. WOW. I mean, Phaidon press has always outdone other publishers as far as the sheer sexiness and subject matters they cover (can you tell I collect books?) but this one really takes the cake.



It is written by Stephane Reynaud, a Super Chef in his own right. He grew up in Saint-Agreve in France, where his grandfather Francois Barbe was the village butcher.He slaughtered his first pig at age 7 (major metal points) and has continued the family tradition of curing and aging, sausage making and pate creating drool-inspiring goodness.





All the recipes in this book include the entire pig and completely reflect the beauty and pay respectful homage to said animal. I would do unspeakable things to dine at his restaurant Villa9trois in France. I'm just sayin...

BUY IT

No comments:

Post a Comment